Advanced signal processing at the edge
In the early days of IoT, Cloud was the primary application enabler and edge sensor devices were unsophisticated. However, advances in low power computing at the edge sensors nodes change this partitioning paradigm. Edge nodes can not only sense and connect, but also interpret and analyse the data, making time to actionable insights shorter.
Bitgear has a practical experience with smart partitioning of the IoT system functions between edge devices and Cloud, pushing "smartness" toward the edge in the form of smart sensors fusion algorithms and edge AI.
- Smart partitioning of the IoT system to rely more upon intelligent sensor nodes
- Edge analytics and edge AI, and implementation on algorithm, platform and system levels
- Digital signal pre-processing of the raw data (first order processing)
- "Smart sensor" algorithms, both "model" and "data" based
- Applications from vital signs monitoring wearables, to Industry 4.0.