The most demanding industrial electronics applications require tight signal integrity even at the highest signal speeds. Moreover, mechanical requirements often set strict constraints requiring multiple electronic boards densely packed within the enclosure, with minimal dimensions allowed for interconnections between the boards. This is where rigid-flex PCBs come in place. Being a mix/combination of rigid and flexible printed circuit boards, they employ the best features of the both.
With flex-rigid boards there is no need for connectors, which are bulky and heavy. Interconnections using flexible PCBs over connectors provide lower losses and accommodate controlled impedance and eliminate connection problems such as cold joints.
- Flex-rigid electro-mechanical design of PCB
- Flex-rigid HDI design of industrial PCB
- Flex-rigid with micro, blind and buried vias design of high-density PCB
- Flex (only) high-density, fine-pitch miniature PCBs
- Flex-rigid with standard FFC design PCB